Social Media marketing has a new darling: Images! It’s not that brands haven’t been using all kinds of photos and artwork all along, but suddenly the power of images to create engagement is really being embraced. With Pinterest bcoming the third largest social network practically overnight, and brands on Facebook seeing success with all kinds of fun photos and images, it’s obvious that people love sharing pictures. Here are some stats:
- The third largest Social Network is now Pinterest (a “visual” social network).Facebook has converted its users to Timeline complete with gigantic cover photos, and purchased photo-sharing social network Instagram for $1 Billion
- LinkedIn has recently re-designed its layout to be more image-driven
- Instagram’s success comes from it’s social-sharing features to Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, and Tumblr
- Social networks such as Tumblr, Fancy, Etsy, and StumbleUpon are driving traffic to websites
So how can your businesses take advantage of this latest online phenomenon?
5 Simple Steps to Incorporate Images Into Your Overall Internet Marketing Strategy
- Add images to accompany the text on your online assets: meaning your website and your blog. Avoid using stock– stock images do not provide value to your target audience or convince them to share your photos. Images should be high quality, high-resolution, and compelling. If you are going to use stock images and do not have someone in-house trained in Photoshop; try using a free and easy to use service such as PicMonkey.
- Encourage fans to post photos of themselves interacting with your products or services. You can then re-purpose this content to share to photo galleries on your website or to your Social Media properties. You could even host a photo contest on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram – or better yet, all three.
- Use photographs that appeal to emotions, humor, or are even somewhat edgy. You want to convey your intended branded message while simultaneously making it really fun for people to share.
- Add text to your images to really drive home the point you are trying to convey.
- If you’re creating great images for your business or brand, use them beyond Social Media. Incorporate images into all of your online business and marketing communications. Great opportunities to add images to your online marketing include: whitepapers, e-books, blogs, slideshows, brochures, newsletters, infographics, and more.
The use of images in Social Media marketing is on the rise, and for your business the benefits are great.
- Images give your brand a visual identity
- Photos are stimulating better user engagement on all major social networks
- Images make it easy to digest information quickly
- Images inspire peer-recommended purchases
- Visuals resonate strongly on mobile websites & devices
For easy step by step tips on how to incorporate images, and specifically Pinterest, into your overall online marketing strategy: Download Our FREE Whitepaper “Pinterest For Business - What You Need to Know Now.”
Still have questions about how visuals fit into your overall marketing strategy? Leave a comment, I’m here to help!